Under general supervision, assists in monitoring and coordinating general corporate safety program, including safety inspections, accident investigations, and safety training.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participates in the development and implementation of corporate safety programs such as defensive driving, lockout/tagout, confined space entry, fire protection, and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
2. Advises the corporate community regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies, including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and other Pennsylvania regulations.
3. Participates in the development and implementation of department safety work order tracking and reporting.
4. Conducts routine and follow-up safety and hazard inspections of corporate facilities and job sites.
5. Responds to emergency situations involving hazardous materials, accidents, or fire and smoke incidents; prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
6. Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
7. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Skill in performing safety inspections ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards.
Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols
Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring compliance with OSHA safety standards
Knowledge of radiation safety procedures, standards, and protocols
Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
Skill in developing safety procedures and protocols
Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
Conditions of Employment
• A valid Pennsylvania driver's license will be required if a motor vehicle must be operated on the job.
• Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
• Specific personnel training is required for employees working with hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
• Considerable physical activity
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
• Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises'