- Process weekly payroll for several different construction unions and prevailing rate jobs.
- Peak season payroll is 300 to 500 employees.
- Unions are Laborers, Operators, Carpenters, Cement Masons, and Teamsters.
- Responsible for new employee setup, terminations, layoffs, office and union.
- Make sure we are paying correct prevailing wage rates per job and contract.
- Responsible for creating monthly union reports for all unions. Also filing and issuing payment.
- Monthly union reporting is for both Heavy Highway and Building.
- Set up unions within each job, Standard, Union, Prevailing.
- Weekly payroll tax filings.
- Creates Fringe Benefit letter per contract.
- Pay fringe benefits for entire company.
- Create and distribute weekly certified payrolls.
- Responsible for yearly Form 5500 Form for 401k reconciliation.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 5 years of payroll experience, including processing union (construction) payroll, preferably with management of multiple payroll systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to deal with situations involving sensitive and confidential company issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence.
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to perform duties independently.
- Must have Construction Accounting experience.
- HCCS and Heavy Job experience beneficial.
- Able to recommend and implement process improvements.
- Strong attention to detail.Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oakmont, PA 15139: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Payroll Occupations: 1 year (Preferred)